Do you believe in sex addiction?

Is sex addiction a real thing? or just an excuse for men to do whatever they want & just blame it on them being "sick"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I think a person can have an "addiction" to anything. Men and women.
    Mameech1

Answer by Mameech1 at 7:54 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i do believe it is possibly anyone can have an addiction to anything. but yes most deffinately some people are wayyyyy more sick than others.
    momamay2010

Answer by momamay2010 at 8:01 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yes.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 8:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yes there is such thing as sex addiction both for men and women there was a special on it in the discovery channel one o those learning channels
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes, I think there is such a thing. But I also think there are people out there using that excuse to sleep with as many people as they want, or to get out of trouble once they are caught.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:16 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It's a real thing, but it still cannot be used as an excuse for anything. There is all kinds of help to overcome it and many people have overcome it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think it's real.....but.....being addicted to sex does not mean that you need to get it from anyone you can. It means that you need to have lots of sex......if you're married then you should be having that sex with your spouse. Sex addiction is NOT an excuse to cheat.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Hormones can do some weird stuff,but unless there's documented proof from a doctor,well,take it at face value!!!!!!!!
    TootieFruitie

Answer by TootieFruitie at 11:16 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Anyone, men or women, can be addicted to sex. However, my DH pulled this one on me once when he was trying to get laid every five minutes, and even the day after our DS was born. However, he has grown up and realized that there is more to a relationship than sex.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2010