cHARLIE HORSE :(

i have always gotten charlie horses in my calve muscles my whole life.. there very bad too they dont last just a little bit, they last like a good 20 minutes and are usually from just above my ankle to where behind my knee starts. Well of course you can get them duringpregnancy.. and i got another one last night i know they say flexing your muscle will help, but it doesnt help mine. i eat bananas and drink alot of water... i STILL GET THEM BAD... what else can i try?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 4:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i get them at night really bad and flexing makes it feel worse for me... most of the time to make them go away i flatten out my foot... best to do it on the wall so ur mucles dont have to work... other times i flatten my foot by pushing it up with the other... u could stand but for me it hurts too much to stand.. and i wanna go back to sleep right away... its cold here i dont wanna get outa the covers!!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Well you are eating bananas because of the potassium content. Potatoes actually have a higher level of potassium and you can also drink a gatorade or two a day which has the electrolytes that can prevent those charlie horses.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2008