Can anyone tell me how to fix my computer? Everytime I close 1 window all the windows close.

I can have 1-15 windows open and when I click 1 to close it out all go does any one know how I can fix this? Thanks

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I would try downloading a different browser to see if you have the same problem. I haven't used IE in over a year so I dunno if that is a typical 'quirk' WE run FireFox and haven't run into any problems yet. I just asked DH and he thinks it sounds like a software issue. Have you updated you drivers? If you are set on staying with IE Then it may help to check your drivers.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Is each window a sub TAB of the first window you opened? If you open "new windows" as opposed to "new tabs" you'll be able to close them independently of each other.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Back when I used to use IE I had taken an update and it totally messed up my IE. Gotta love Microsoft. I think from your desktop, you can click on an option under Internet Explorer that will start it in safemode. Safemode is nothing more than running IE in its basic form without all the different attachments it runs. Also, I would click on help and go read the forum at Microsoft to see if anyone else is having this issue. I'm sure you will find others have had this problem too!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• There are a few open that are sub tabbed but then I'll open something from one of those windows making it be another sub tab and they all close. This is on my laptop and just recently started doing this like the last 3 weeks. I have had my laptop for over 2 yrs and it's never done that before just wondering how to fix it. I have always been able to just close any one window and be fine.
    Thanks for answering
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Maybe you should clean out your cache and cookies (temporary internet files). Why do you need so many windows open at once? It could be the spooling of each website (especially those with lots of flash animation and graphics) is taking up your available bandwith, causing it to freeze or shut down.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• What browser are you using?
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't need so many windows open at once sometimes I have to have so many open at once but when I try to close 1 they all close and I have to start all over again. It's like when you go for 1 thing to another. It's hard to explain I guess maybe I'll just have to see what the experts have to say. I can't close one it's like I open my MSN to get to my emails then I click on the email to take me to this site so there are 3 open then when I'm making tags I have to have photobucket open and then the group that I'm making tags for is open so I can put tags in there. I've done it for 2 yrs on my laptop where I could just shut down photobucket & I'd be fine but now when I shut done photobucket they all go.
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have done everything that is reccommended by the computer group in here to clean up everything and it is still doing it.
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• What is your browser? If you are running IE try opening it in safemode and see if it still happens. If you are running FireFox, you could do a quick reinstall or turn off all your add-ons and see what happens. Have you taken all the updates and did this start after an update? Something has changed, you need to find out what. I would also run a Malwarebytes scan to make sure your browser hasn't been corrupted.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have runMalwarebytes it took out everything that it needed I have run 2 didin't scans and another thing something has changed and I am running IE. I update all the time. I am at a loss as to why all of a sudden it started doing this. Not really sure how to dio a run in safemode though.
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Aug. 7, 2010