Diaper rash with yeast?

how can i tell if my son's diaper rash is 'yeasty'. what does this even mean. what can i do to teat it? he is 11 months old and the rash has worsened over the last 3 days. i have tried desitin and diaper-free times (which usually works) but nothing is seeming to help him now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say you have a bacterial diaper rash... You will need to get a prescription form his doctor to get it fixed up... Good luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My kids used to get yeast rashes all the time! You don't HAVE to take him to the doctor's office, go to the store and by monistat. Give him a bath to clean off all the other goop on his butt dry him off and let him 'air dry' for a few mins. Put a thin coat of monistat on and the rash should lessen by the next change.
    kjb9585

Answer by kjb9585 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• out boy use to get that kind of rash when he was about that age...the best thing to put on it is AD cream...make sure to get it all off when they are wet and dry then before putting more on...if that dont work he may need a perscription...depending on how bad the rash is
    amrb

Answer by amrb at 6:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Check out this article about diaper rash: http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t081400.asp...If it is diaper rash, I agree with the above post, just go to the store and get some monistat. When my dd was brand new, she had one, and the monistat (actually, I purchased the store brand over the counter yeast infection medication) cleared it up almost immediately!! Good luck!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 7:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would try lotrimin (for athletes foot) that is what my PED reccomended. The medicines for athletes foot and vaginal yeast infections are the same, but the generic version of lotimine is a ton cheaper.
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com they have baby bottom balm, and my son has only had a small piece of diaper rash, once, and that was while he was in the hospital. We will never again put desitin on him, or anything like that.. the bottom balm is organic, and well, smells darn good.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2008