HELP! seriously

cani use a heating pad? my pelvis feels like it is about to cave in. i ve always had problems with my bip bones.. they pop out of place every once in a while when i walk and over the years of it happening, its now just bone on bone grinding and no padding there. my doctors have always said my pelvis is smal [even before i became pregnant] so that just adds to the pain. i know its normal for our pelvis to hurt during pregnancy but this is brutal! i cry in the middle of the night and cant walk sometimes.. can i use a heating pad?? ps i wont take medicine like tylenol or antiitocis for it. any other ideas though?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 4:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• heat should be ok aslong as its not to hot... and try doing some ab and pelivic streches it may help... i would think rocking on ur hands and knees might help but idk i dont have to bad of pelvic pain never have...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Girl, you are just falling apart! Yes you can use a heating pad. I did not for quite some time because I thought they were unsafe. Well it turns out that they are safe as long as you are not burning yourself or increasing your core body temperature to 102 degrees F or over. That is the temperature that it can start to effect baby.

I have had my OBGYN, family dr, and chiropractor tell me the same thing.

I am sitting on one right now for my achy back.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• According to babycenters answers you should NOT put a very hot heating pad on your abdomen. Can you put it on your back and get some relief? Tylenol is safe to take, even though you would rather not.

http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-use-a-heating-pad-for-sore-muscles-during-preg_1245286.bc

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Take you some tylenol and use that heating pad...I felt the same way about this and when I talked to my OBGYN she said its perfectly fine and will not effect you or the baby .....so heres to some relief!!!
    ShastaRiley

Answer by ShastaRiley at 4:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I had the same thing with my second pregnancy.My daughter stayed in the upside down position from 20weeks till i gave birth at 38weeks so it was brutal for me to walk. I always take hot showers because i don't have a heating pad. But if i do it right before bed it feels so good i just pass out.
    The reason my daughter was in that position that long cause i started leaking fluid.
    Anonymous

• i just wont take tylenol or anything because i just dont take them.. i havent taken them in over a year...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My OBGYN said no heating pad. I wanted to so bad! I feel ya girl, but I wouldn't. No baths either.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• you can use it just dont set it on high low or med! thats what ive read and what my ob told me also!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• well i didint separate low or med is ok! lol!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2008