Can your husband take a joke, or get offended?

My husband is ALWAYS joking and I really don't mind. BUT it really plucks on my last nerve whe ever I joke with him he gets MAD. I keep telling him, don't dish it out if you can't take it, and then he really gets offended. MEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh wow that is my DH as well!!! I remember one night we were playin on the couch. Tickling, giggling, acting like little children. I was drinking a glass of water and he pushed it up in my face. (Yeah I hated it, but didn't want to ruin the moment ya know). So, just a few minutes later we were calm and I went to get another sip and I poured a little water on his crotch. OMG This little baby went and locked himself in the bathroom for like an hour, then went straight to bed. He can dish it out til he is blue in the face, but make 1 little joke towards him and suddenly he turns into a 3 yr old!!! It is soooooo annoying!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 11:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yeah,he can take a joke.
    My mom is like your SO.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• hubby loves to joke around with me for example last time he was telling me how if megan fox ever asked him out he would leave me not thinking twice, i was like ok you do that i know its never going to happel and laughed. a couple days later nick cannon was on tv and i was like wow and he got so mad. saying well if you want him go ahead and leave with him. so i laughed n it just got him more mad. but it didnt last i guess he fiured out it would never happen but yes his not good at jokes.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• He can take a joke, not easily offended.

Answer by older at 8:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Well, are the jokes "mean spirited" or insulting? Like "you're such a moron if you can't fix/do _____!" If so, men don;t like to feel inferior to anyone.

My husband likes jokes...funny and sarcastic ones that are NOT about him! I wouldn't want to the butt of anyone's"jokes" either!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• He can take a joke. He's the biggest joker I know.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• No my jokes are not mean spirited or nasty about him. He's a very handy guy, and really very funny. Like he might make fun of me for forgetting to do something and I say ok and just do it and I'm ok, but if I say, "you let the stove on, do you want me to turn it off?" only because he ALWAYS does it to me and I don't care, he gets really mad. Maybe because he's a perfectionist.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• No offense, that's not even a joke. That is a matter of safety. No, my DH can take a joke, and so can I. We probably would be divorced or one of us would be dead if neither of us could take a joke.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:09 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My bf is that way. We joke about most things, but if I remind him of something that needs done it hurts his feelings. He's constantly making fun of me for being forgetful (I have no memory at all, and he's joking and I don't mind) but I can't joke with him about that at all.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 1:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The stove was not meant to be a joke but an example of the way he is, I usually catch it as we're eating I'm not that irresponsible.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Aug. 8, 2010