help!!! My 2.5 year old never has had a probelm sleeping before and all the sudden she gives me problems every night.

Her nap is 12:30 or 1 and she use to sleep 3 hours now she sleeps anywhere from 1-2 hours and she use to fall asleep right away to where now I have to go up there 3 times for her to finally stay in bed. Then her bed time is 8:30 which she use to go right to sleep and now she goes turns on her bedroom light or lays in bed reading or playing (which is fine), but sometimes she also will be at the door crying or her new thing is laying infront of the door kicking it. Last night I didn't finally get her to bed until after 11 then she was up at 7 I am not sure what to do, but I am tired all the time because she wont sleep lol. How can I get her to start sleeping again? Also why would she be doing this? Nothing has changed what so ever. Nothing new anything like that.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• She is probably getting ready for a major developmental change or about to have a growth spurt

Answer by rkoloms at 9:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• she may have had night mares .is her dad home when you put her down ???you could always have him try putting her down if you are the normal person to put her down that one worked with my youngest
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yes daddy gets home between 5:30 and 6 and her bedtime is 8:30. I have tried having him put her down, but then she either cries cause she wants him (daddys girl) or she creis cause she is use to me putting her to bed
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Mine started having nightmares at that age which made them resistant to sleeping and woke them in the night. Your daughter may also may have sensory issues- sometimes soft music. a nightlight, even white noise like a fan, can help. A weighted blanket sometimes helps them feel safe. Two of mine felt safer sleeping in a tent (for my son, we found a bed tent thing that sat on top of his bed; my daughter made her own tent hung from the loft bed- she slept under there for almost eight months! One of my daughters would not sleep unless I lay by her until she slept. It was the only time she wanted me close or let me wrap my arms around her. It was only years later that we learned she was on the autism spectrum!
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 9:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2010