Help! My 11 month old cries when other babies scream or cry, and it takes her a while to calm down. Has anyone else experienced this and what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Their cries might be hurting her ears.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Your child is just likely very sensitive to the noise or the high-pitched sound. The best thing you can do is comfort her--make eye contact with her and smile, hold and rub her back, talk calmly to her--telling her it's "okay!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• my youngest son (4 months) cries when my oldest so cries (2yr) i think he gets scare or something but usually wont take long to make him happy again usually the 2 yr old will stop cryin when the baby starts crying and he tells me the baby is crying lol so i just start talking to the baby and my son starts talking to him to and he gets happy again i think he just gets scare or something but they eventually grow out of it. my oldest used to do the same just not as frequent but he doesnt anymore
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My son (13 months) cries sometimes when other kids really start crying. He doesnt care about loud noises, it just bothers him when they cry. And its only some kids. If i get him to walk away from them he stops. Its just kinda like cause they are crying he has to as well.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:40 AM on Aug. 8, 2010