My Sil is 36 has 4 kids and is a Mommies Boy, why?

I can't believe a man 36, w/4 kids is still a Mommies boy? I love my SIL , but he makes me mad at the same time. His parents do help them out a lot, they got them into a house they CAN NOT AFFORD, so they do have to help, that was a given when they bought it. But he will just NOT stand up to her, EVER. She can say whatever she wants to who ever she wants,& he will say, "That's her". If she gets mad at him she has her S/O call & tell him off so she doesn't have to argue w/him, she's as bad as he is. Does anyone else have a Mommies boy out there? My S/O went in the Marines at 17, & boy he said when he came home w/ his Dad being hen pecked, & his Mommie babying(sp) him as a boy, " Ain't NO Woman going to hen peck me or Mommie's boy me. " I never tried to hen peck him, I wasn't use to that at home, but he saw it in his Dad, so did I, but my point is, he was only 17 & said NO WAY.!! It hurt her sure, but she adjusted, & was OK.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I know that if my MIL ever said the "F" word to me, my DH would say something ot her. He wouldn't be rude, or yell at her. He might say something like "that is my wife & you need to treat her with respect"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I understand a little about where your coming from my first husband was like that. I guess thats why we divorced after 3 months. Funny though we got married and he lived with his mom during the week and me on the weekend. My point is if he doesnt breaqk the habit his relationship wont last at all. Its ok to love mom and to accept help but you have to draw the line somewhere. He has to draw the line before his mommy comes between his marriage like mine did.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 10:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Either I'm having a slow morning (which is very possible) or your post doesn't make sense... SIL means sister in law? S/O means significant other.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 9:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Oooooh... son-in-law... duh sorry
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 9:19 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My husband and siblings will say "that's how Mom" is. That doesn't make a my husband a mommy's boy. So I'm not totally following how or why you feel your son-in-law is a mommy's boy. Just because he doesn't tell his mom to shove off?? I'm not following this morning or seeing how or why he is a mommy's boy.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think it's out of having respect for his mom. He doesn't want to tell her no because she raised him. My husband is similar. Not exactly, but similar. His parents are very laid back so they very rarely try to tell him what to do. But when they do I feel like my husband does what they want over what I want and I think that's wrong because I'm his wife. However, they have also helped us out a lot over the years, so where do you draw the line???
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Well when his aMother has 2 separate arguments w/my daughter and lays the f word on her, which I nebver have, and just won't take up for her, to me that's A MOMMIES BOY. If my husband looks at our GR-son the wrong way he gets upset, she called him a brat and it was ok, because that was her way. She had a fight with my DD and she told him to leave my DD with their 4th child 3 weeks old. I
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• ooops just happened to stop by and she was crying so she told him to leave & he did. What Mother would tell their child to leave their S/O let alone 1 w/ 4 children and 1 ony 3 weeks old. She ended up in the Hosp w/ a boob so full of breast milk, can't remember whay its calld she was in there 3 days. Well the sme day he left he was crying on the pho cn I come home but it took abt 4 dys before he gt to It's just too long to keep going on. Then went to therapy he wlkd out bec he heard the truth.He sd he's chg & hasn't so there is my WHY.I'm afrd as someone sd someday maybe it's a breakup I don't know bec she really does love him, but truly can not stand her MIL but she does a damn good job of tolerating her.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Aug. 7, 2010