Why does the doctor leave the room while you undress if their just gonna she you naked anyway?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They step out back and have a smoke and a cup of coffee. It has to be because it takes them forever to come back!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Well, I don't know about you, but I don't really want to climb up on to that table naked with someone watching, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It's the standard code of ethics in medical clinic practice.

I don't want to be watched undress, and that's why they give you a gown. Privacy. Morals. Legal practices.

If you aren't a Dr. just be thankful !
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• rolling on floorS you can stow away your holey underwear without them seeing it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I've wondered that myself, and asked my doctor the last time I went in. She told me it's a respect issue, as well as keeping patients comfortable. Yes, your doctor is going to see you naked anyway, but who wants to strip down in front of a stranger? So they leave the room to allow some privacy.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Like coffee said it is a matter of ethics, and making the patient feel more comfortable with the whole procedure.

Answer by older at 9:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have to agree with older and coffee it is to make you more comfy. If you notice they do look away at somepoint when there checking you in your breast area among other things but that is a funny thing to ask.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 9:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• lol i was wondering that the other day .but i guess it is just to make you feel comfortable getting the exam or whatever
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Agree with everyone..
    The idea of taking of your clothes is private & could be seen as very sexual too.. There is NOTHING sexy about those gowns- not very attractive on anyones body really. haha
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2010