My son is all of a sudden waking up in the middle of the night...

He is 6 months going on 7. He had been sleeping pretty well through the night for the past few months. He would only wake up once and all i had to do is put his pacifire back in his mouth then he'd fall right back asleep. These past few days he's been waking up and whining until i get up. Once I get him he's all happy and wants to play. AT 3 AM! I have read that this could be a development thing. I think that is what it is (he is learning how to get on all fours to start crawling) I just wanted to know what others did to get through this period.
Any advice would be great!
Thank you so much in advance. :)

Andes_Mom

Asked by Andes_Mom at 4:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I recently went through this same thing! It is so frustrating to think you have a good sleeper and get "spoiled", then all of a sudden they don't want to sleep anymore...I feel your pain and I'm sorry! I just go over and pat my daughter and rub her back or stomach and "shush" her until she calms down. Unless he has a poopy diaper I would not recommending picking him up. He needs to know that nighttime is not playtime. You can soothe him, but do not turn lights on & do not pick him up. My 7 mo old starting sleeping through the night again after doing this for several weeks. He will get the point eventually.
    indexmom

Answer by indexmom at 7:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2008