Does this happen to any women you know?

They end up with the man who was the type of guy mimicking their father. Only it's that type she wasn't wanting the whole time. She didn't want to but didn't know her dad was the reason she ended up getting a man the same as him, and now she hated her decision, but stayed .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• No I don't know anyone like that, but I turned into my Dad.
    elizabeth.mary

Answer by elizabeth.mary at 1:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yeah my one friend is married to this guy who i swear reminds me of her dad and when i brought it to her attention she was like your right he kinda does
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Aha! I was right! :)
    yeah,my mom married several guys that were the epitome of her father. This happens alot.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• They say we marry our dads and the men mmarry their mothers
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• A lot of women do this, and stay after realizing their mistake, but I will never understand any woman who stays in an unhappy relationship.

Answer by older at 9:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think you grow up knowing how to deal with personality issues that you already had to deal with with your dad. So, if your father is _____ (whatever that may be), that personality trait doesn't significant to you if your mate has that trait too.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My DH has some characteristics that my dad had. They both play guitar very well, they're both recluses, they're both good artists, they both have traveled the world a lot, they both have a grumpy side. But, there are lots of things that are totally different about them too.

I don't think i share many qualities with his mother, i LOVE her to pieces though!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:10 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My husband is like my dad in many ways. I love my dad to pieces so i wouldnt change that for the world.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 11:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My DH is only similar to my dad in that they are both musicians. The resemblance stops there! I think that a lot of women end up marrying men like their fathers, as young girls they (with our moms) were our first real exposure to how a relationship should be.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:38 AM on Aug. 7, 2010