Have you ever rented a Rug Doctor for your home??

I am wanting to rent one of these pretty soon because my carpets need some major attention. If you have rented one, how many rooms did you use it on, and how many bottles of cleaner did you find yourself going through? This will be my first time renting one of these and i'm just wondering what to expect as far as costs. Also.. if there is any special tips you have on the BAD spots on the carpets please share!

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We rent one about every 3-4 months. It keeps the carpets looking nice. If you use it regularly you use less shampoo and it takes less work. Use the anti-foam if you have ever shampooed your carpet or used cleaning products on it. The odor control stuff is good too. I can clean my entire house (2500 sq ft upstairs and 2200 downstairs) with one bottle of shampoo and antifoam.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I rented one years ago, to do the first floor of a house I rented. It was about 1000 square feet of carpet. Treat really bad spots with a spot cleaner a couple days before doing the whole carpet; it's not good for bad spots. Also, expect it to take 24 hours to dry.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I rentd the rug dr before I was thinking I did about 5 rooms on 1 bottle but it has been so long ago that I did it since then I have boughten 3 shampooers of my own that's how often I use it.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i never rented one myself but when i lived with my mom she used to get them all the time from acme .she would normally get 2 bottles of cleaner she always just redid the bad spots a couple times before she took it back .i dont think they were that much money to rent
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes and it works wonders try it i know youll like it. It really does deep clean.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 10:03 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I used to, then I got a Bissell and I love it. The Rug Doctor does an ok job, but if you are doing multiple rooms, keep in mind that it will take a while for the carpet to dry and your arms will be real sore! You will need to address the spots ahead of time like SWasson suggested.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:55 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I haven't used one in years but a bottle of cleaner would last two house cleanings (all rooms). Be sure to use the high traffic/spot cleaner first for better cleaning. I now have my own carpet shampooer.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Resolve powder works well for stains too, but I wouldn't do it right before the carpet cleaning. And although it smells, vinegar diluted with 4 parts water works wonders. I just spray it on the spot and let it sit for 5 minutes before blotting with a cloth. It also nuetralizes any urine odors from pets.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yep mine worked great.
    Rae_LeComte07

Answer by Rae_LeComte07 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2010