back seat or front?

Im almost eight months pregnant and i have a paranoia of the car. is it safer to sit in the back seat or front being this far along in the pregnancy? i have visions of getting in accident and my belly getting stuck in the front.

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 10:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The seat belts are way better in the front. Plus, if you have a passenger side air bag, that's also way better. Plus, ALWAYS buckle up... The thing about pregnancy, is your little baby is protected in the ambiotic fluid. It's like a coushin that protects it from a lot of things (including falling on your stomach). So, I would recommend sitting in the front.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 10:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think you will be fine sitting in the front just make sure your seat belt is under your tummy not going across it.
    TikkiNippets

Answer by TikkiNippets at 10:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I always sat in the front sit only because i felt more comfortable, but my mom would always tell me to sit in the back because it was safe and stuff, but never did listen. If youre scared i would recommend you to sit in the back may be uncomfortable but then again you will feel safe.
    noahsmommy-010

Answer by noahsmommy-010 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would try to focus on something else while riding in the car. If you drive, you just need to be alert of what other drivers around you are doing. I hope you get over your fear.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• if u are driving i would sit in the front , just kidding . i always sat in the back with a pillow and my feet up on the seat and a large cup of something to drink , like a queen . It was comfier than feeling like you are going to squish your belly.
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 10:32 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think up front is safe enough to ride, you'll be safe and fine. We all seem to worry about the darndest things when we're pregnant don't we?
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I drove up until the day before I gave birth and my belly was an inch from the wheel. There was no way around it. I had to work and I dreaded the thought that I'd have to chauffered around. I wanted my independence. Just ask yourself: Is it impractical or inconvienant for me not to drive? If the answer is yes, you'll get over your fear.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would say the front! However, I had no choice since I drove 99% of the time. I even drove my self to the hospital the day she was born LoL
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 6:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2010