I want your opinion on this name for my future daughter?

Sophie.....I want something that you dont hear a lot becaues my name is Shasta and my son's name is Blake I want my daughter to have a name that's unusual, too! But, not too crazy though!!!

ShastaRiley

Asked by ShastaRiley at 4:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I love this name!!!! It is my favorite girl name and it goes great with Blake!
    Kristin38

Answer by Kristin38 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Shasta...like the soft drink. Not for me but if you like it that's all the matters.
    mamma2bubba

Answer by mamma2bubba at 5:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• How about Enid? Bet ya dont hear that one often or at all. It was my mother's name.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i know alot of people with the name Sophie.
    Anonymous

• I like Sophie, but don't think it's that uncommon, there are a lot of elder's named Sophie, but it would be more uncommon for the younger generation :)
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Sophie is cute. I like Zoe too!
    Anonymous

• Sophie is okay....but not really that cute.
    What about Olivia..and call her Livvy for short? That's a pretty name and it's not very common.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 5:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 by: vbruno
    How about Enid? Bet ya dont hear that one often or at all. It was my mother's name.

well, you hear the name Enid if you are a Bare Naked Ladies fan.....
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 5:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I'm naming my baby girl Jossalyn. There aren't that many people with that name, even though you do see it every once in a great while. I think Sophie is a cute name, but it's gained popularity in recent years. How about considering stuff in other languages or other cultures, stuff that isn't very popular here but might be in other countries? Some baby name websites will let you search for the most popular names based on country or language =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Sorry to tell ya but Sophie isnt an uncommon name by any means same for the name sophia. I have worked in child care for 6 yrs and many many children have had the name...But honestly if YOU like the name that's all that matters
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 6:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2008