Age difference between you & your sibling? How close are you?

What is the age difference between you & your brothers/sister?
How close are you?
Do you think age difference makes a different in the bond?
How many years difference when it may have an effect on closeness?

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• my oldest brother is 20 years older then me. probably cause i dont see him that often. My oldest sister is 10 years older then me and im very close with her. my other sister is 4 years older then me were not that close. Im closer to my sisters then brothers cause the guys in my family arent big talkers lol.
    Darkdevinity

Answer by Darkdevinity at 12:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I am 18 my brother is 11 about to be 12..
    Me && him are always arguing lol we fight all the time but thats only normal his a guy im a girl we ARE going to have our differences.
    I dont think age matter when it comes to how close you are to your brother or sister.
    noahsmommy-010

Answer by noahsmommy-010 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Me and my Sister are 11 MONTHS apart.
    My Brother is 8 years younger than me.
    I adore my brother and we get along great.
    My sister makes me crazy and my brother crazier.

I am the middle child, the negotiator, the mediator and the mender.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My middle sister and I are 2 years apart and my youngest sister and I are 8 years apart. We both have a different bond because of the age difference since me and middle sister are more like friends and my younger sister I'm more of a mentor.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My brother is 5 years older than me, we are very close and now more than ever, he had his own accounting business for over thirty years and has been diagnosed with a rare form of dementia, he forgot everything he knew about accounting and had to sell it. He is now disabled and with nothing to do but be depressed and remember the man he use to be, so I pick him up, everyday and take him to the gym with me, (he can't drive anymore).
    I do not think that any age difference would have made a difference in our closeness, we were taught to be united with blood relatives since birth, family is important and foremost.

Answer by older at 12:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My sister is 2 1/2 years old than I am. We are really close!! I didn't see her much while growing up. She is deaf and can't talk, so she went to a school for deaf and blind kids. I only got to see her on weekends, it was rough. I missed my sister. She is the sweetest most kind hearted person I know. She would do anything for anybody! I love my sister!!! I try and take her to see movies with my kids and I. She works a lot, so I want to make sure she gets out and has fun on her days off.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I am the oldest of 11 kids both my parents have been married 3 times and each time have more kids. I am 37 will be 38 on Tuesday. My siblings are 37b (I was 10 months when he was born), 35s, 34s, 28b, 25b, 23b, 23s, 20s, 17s and 14b. I am not close to any of them really we are all so different. I have 21 nieces and nephews and really don't get to see them all that much either. Confirms to me that my son will be fine as an only child because having siblings is not a guarantee you will be close or have any kind of relationship with them.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I only have a relationship at all with one of my siblings. She's 5 years my younger and we talk about once a month or two. She lives w/my mom at the end of my block, so we know what's going on in eachothers lives & can always depend on each other, but we really don't have time to chit chat unless we are both online at the same time.
    I've only recently met my one brother & we just chat on facebook. I think he's about 2 years my younger.

I have 2 other brothers which are about 2 & 8 years younger than me and I haven't seen either of them in over 15 years. - I don't even know how to find them, but I haven't tried.
    I have 2 other brothers who are around 12 & 15 years younger than me. I haven't seen either of them in 4-5 years. - As long as they are living with their mother and/or my dad, I won't have any contact with them.
    The others, I honestly have never met.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Only a few minutes difference - my sister and I are twins! We're very close, although not in distance. She and her family live in Norway. Our twin connection has always been very strong.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm 40, they're 47 and 50. We're not close, but I think that has more to do with them being men. I mean I'm sure age plays a little bit of a part into it, but their lifestyles and interests are so much different than mine.

But then, I'm not close with any member of my family.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010