My c-section hurts so bad!

Ok, last Thursday(7-29) I had a vertical c-section which has stitches that are not disolvable. I was fine for the first few days, but now all of the sudden when I move or anything the stitches feel like they are tearing the skin around them and they burn so bad. I called the doctor yesterday and she said that even though it is a bit red only where the stitches are that it doesn's sound infected. Has this ever happened to anyone?

hornz102485

Asked by hornz102485 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Health

• Hun, a call to the doctor is no way to diagnose, you need to be seen to be diagnosed.

Answer by older at 12:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would ask that the doctor see you. I don't know any one that had a vertical incision and mine was horizontal as well so I'm not much help. It really sounds like you should be seen though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You need to go in and have the stitches looked at. Congratulations!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yes, it's the skin tightening and healing, and it hurts like hell when the stiches move the skin
    Hartbrayka

Answer by Hartbrayka at 12:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm so sorry. A c-section is a major surgery and some women have a lot of problems. It's bad that you had a vertical incision, it must have been an emergency. It must hurt to wear underware or pants.

I haven't had a c-section but I had my gall bladder removed. I'm sure your incision is much worse. For awhile I was convinced one of my incisions had a hernia. My son is a nurse and he kept telling me it was fine and it did turn out to be fine.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It actually just sounds like the healing process. However, mine didn't really hurt, it was more of an unpleasant itching.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I agree with Hartbrayka. It is probably the healing skin being pulled. I remember it hurting a lot. I had staples and I did get a small infection around two of them. The infected area got white and puffy like a pimple does. They did not hurt, but Dr had to open and let drain. Try to see if the Dr. can take a quick look at you. I assume you have a check up in a week? Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I hope you feel better soon. Mine hurt some, but not that bad. If you're worried and in a lot of pain, go to the doctor or even the ER. I don't know how a doctor could tell you over the phone whether or not it's infected. I'd rather be safe than sorry, so if you think something's wrong, trust your instincts.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010