ERF a big 3 year old.

I wanted my son to be RF until he was 4 but at just 3 he is already 44 pounds. (He is tall like his grandaddy) His car seat only goes to 50 in that position. What brand goes higher or will I have to turn him a in a few months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you want a longer FF only harnessing seat the Frontier 85 is a really good one and it turns into a booster.
    http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/frontier-85
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 12:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Um what car seat do you have that RF to 50 pounds? NONE that I know of do so in the US. 2 Radians rear face to 45 pounds and several rear face to 40.
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 12:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Oh good. I though you might have seen a FF weight limit and mixed it up with RF. WHEW I feel better lol.
    You are kinda SOL for now though. SKR has 2 seats that go to 45 pounds and those are the highest weight limit seats available in the US.
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 12:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yea the highest one I know rearfaces to 45 is the Radian XTSL. What seat do you have?

Unfortunately, if he weighs that much there isnt much more you can do, just keep him safe in a 5 point harness :) but I think it is awesome that you wanted to RF him as long as possible!! We are doing the same thing, I have a 30 lb 3 yr old and a 25 lb 2 yr old, both still rearfacing until they hit the limits :)
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• LOL nm the question I just read your response... Radian is an awesome seat!
    wendy46121

• I meant 45. I don't know where 50 came from. lol It's a Sunshine Kids Radian.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Well, I guess he wins! He has been asking to turn about for about 2 years now. He'll still be in the 5 point harness though! Shoot I'd be in a 5 point harness if they made it! Cars scare me. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• most docs will thell you that ERF past 2 is pointless and silly! i think you look foolish when you do that, it is a severe need to control...JMHO
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2010