What do you pack your DH for lunch?

My dh just started working at a new job, not sure what to make him for lunch, hes not that picky but hes a big guy! any ideas?

fairybrokenwing

Asked by fairybrokenwing at 5:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Food & Drink

• sliced apples seedless, a sandwich pick the crust off though, string cheese, and a juice box with a little note written on his napkin. LOL!!

Anonymous

• I ususally send our leftovers from the night before ( I always make extra so he can have his lunch). If I'm busy he'll fix himself sandwiches and snacks. I've also found that a few of the frozen dinners do well (if your DH has access to a microwave). MyDH is a big guy too, so I make sure I send extra snacks just in case.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I wish my boyfriend had a job that gave him a lunch break :( He works in a restaurant and they don't get lunch breaks. He usually just waits until he gets home to eat. I'll make something and have it ready to heat up when he gets home, like rice and beans (he's Hispanic) or macaroni and cheese. We're poor, so we survive on the basics =] lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• leftovers form the night before..... I too have extras, but that's because I cook with the intent to have enough for him for lunch the next day.

Some nights dinner was a bomb or we had unexpected company that stated for dinner. When that happens DH makes himself some sandwiches, chips, fruit etc. Also another thing that works good for him are can soups. That's because he has a microwave that he can use at work.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Usually he cleans up after dinner and makes himself a lunch from the leftovers. He also brings up a few boxes of cereal to snack on, sometimes apples/nectarines/peaches (when they are on sale for .99c a pound)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• when my DH was workin a factory job i would get up with him in the morning and make him his lunch ( it was the only time we had alone too) i ueally made him a cold meat sandwich or leftovers, and also a fruit and a desert, puddin or i made some apple snicker salad for him... chili is a good left over on those cold days... be sure to pack him silverware and napkins!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• like a lot of others mine loves leftovers. Esp spaghetti, chili, and lasagna. I still make the big batch like when the boys were still at home. Extras go in ziploc containers and in the freezer. He grabs what he wants that day and by lunch it's thawed and he just warms in the microwave. I also keep a few frozen dinners for him. Another thing on cold mornings he likes that "soup at hand" for in the car on his way to work..or just when he is running late.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• make him make his own lunch. If he is that picky he should make it! My husband never makes me make him lunch he knows what he likes and he would rather do it.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I agree.... leftovers. My SO has a huge appetite and works 12 hr shifts. I just make extra for dinner and pack it up as soon as we are done eating. Otherwise, I get frozen dinners on sale, or stuff for sandwiches. Fruit, chips, cookies, etc. Sometimes I make a big pot of chili or soup and send the whole thing with him. He can feed his buddies too. That way, when I don't have time or he forgets his lunch, someone always gets him back. He works in a steel mill and with their strange shifts someones always forgetting their lunch!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• my dh packs his own lunch. he's easy tho, a sandwich, chips, and a soda. he'll also take a snack type item, depending on what's here, fruit snacks, cookies, nutri-grain bars - that type of thing.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2008