OMG! Do I make something up or address it...honestly? adult content

My seven year old just caught me and his dad 69ing on the couch in the living room! They were all at the park and he just ran in the door! Yes the screen door was locked, but we have an enclosed porch so both front doors were open. In his excitement and b/c he was already running, he grabbed the screen so hard and fast that he popped the lock. My little boy saw me with daddy's wanger in my mouth! I'm completely MORTIFIED right now and I can't even LOOK at him! WHAT DO I DO MOM'S??? Should I try to lie and say we were...shit I don't know, wrestling maybe? Or go ahead and try to explain the birds and the bees? HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• don't lie, but don't get into details. just tell him the truth which was you and daddy were having adult time. don't pry too hard and get him thinking too hard about it but just ask him if he has any questions (which you should answer honestly and in an age appropriate way) and if he has any feelings he needs to share about it. i remember when i was little two different times following friends in their house to get a drink and finding their parents in an uncomfortable situation... i remember wondering why they were so embarrassed... i didn't really see anything, although i knew they were naked... i guess i was raised to not freak about sexual stuff / nudity. he probably didn't think about it near as hard as you did... but you do want to make sure he talks to you and not someone else...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i would just explain it to him, be honest and maybe next time keep those things in the bedroom when your kids are around lol =)
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 12:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yeah, don't lie. This is how kids at school get to talking about all kids of weird, untrue things about sex, and how they learn it all wrong from each other. I like the idea of telling him adults kiss each other in different wasy--IF he asks. If he doesn't ask, just act matter-of-fact. If you act ashamed, he'll REALLY think you were doing something wrong! Oh, yeah, and don't make love on the couch in the middle of the day! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Oh dear! I don't know what to say but I hope you get your answers! Maybe don't say anything to him unless he ask.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• A lot of what you say/do depends on his reaction. Was he scared? Did he run away? Could you get away with saying adults kiss each other in different ways sometimes? Gosh, IDK..............I hope it goes OK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• embarrassed I agree with travisnowensmom.

Anonymous

• I agree with Travisowensmom.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I would say that moms and dads do adult things only adults do when they are alone and that you thought you were. Apologize for making him feel uncomfortable and ask if he has any questions. Answer them directly responding only to the question without giving out more details.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I do think he needs to be talked to since I'm sure he's totally confused but I agree let dad do it. Rearing children isn't easy. We tell them to not let people touch private parts then he sees mom munching on dad's! I bet he never eats another hotdog!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i wouldn't say anything, he has forgot by now.
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 1:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2010