Any ideas on what to get my son for his 2nd birthday??

I already bought him a train table and I'm just looking for a few other gifts that he may actually enjoy for more than 2 minutes that is also educational.

Thanks!

KJohnson4762

Asked by KJohnson4762 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the train table is huge! my 2nd son got one for his second birthday too. it gets a ton of use!
    my 1st son got a guitar, and it still gets lots of use too!
    my 3rd son got a tricycle.

playdough and fingerpaints are fun at two!!
    musical instruments are fun too!
    of course, books are great!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have found toddlers are really easy to buy for since they love just about anything which include pull toys, blocks, toys that play music, toys like rocking horses, and toys that teach them numbers and letters and all kinds of things. It's really hard to go wrong with all the choices to chose from.for children in this age bracket.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If it was me, I would just give him the train table.... That's just me:) I'm not into lots of gifts.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• bubbles glow in the dark stuff to put on his wall. i realized with my son that puzzles and other educational stuff often does not end well so buy the fun stuff that is CHEAP and find a way to make it educational. everything is a learning experience for a two year old anyway. my son is two and a 1/2 and he LOVESSSSS dinosaurs.

he didnt really pick of stuff he LOVED until abit after his 2nd birthday. most everything he got from his birthday kind of went to the waist side.. :|
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i buy my son puzzles like the ones that have magnets on top of them an he has to use a "fishing pole" to get them. or the ones with the lil handles sticking up ontop. theyre like 10 pieces or so. he has 3 puzzles-and he plays with them ALL THE TIME. he will dump the pieces out an put them back together over an over. target has them for $5. books are nice too. the kinda stuff boys like, like car books, trains, airplanes, etc..
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2010