Do you plan your meals weekly?

If you do, how do you choose the meals?

By what you want, by what your family likes, or do you let the whole family choose a meal per night, etc?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 1:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do....I usually alternate Chicken, Beef, Pork, Left overs, Chicken, Beef, Pork, so on an so forth. I alternate sides Rice, Potatoes, Pasta... and I alternate vegis Green Beans, Salad, Baby Carrots. I have stocked my pantry and only buy what I need, which needs to be on sale. Sometimes all I need to buy are the necessities! :) I only have $75 bucks, so I have to be very creative to get 3 meals a day, seven days a week for 5 people and two cats.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• No, I do not even plan meals from day to day. I will take some meat out of the freezer in the morning. but what we have with it is thought of when dinner needs to be cooked.

Answer by louise2 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• some times
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• HaHa... It's already after 1 and I don't even know what is for dinner tonight yet! lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• No, I plan my meals according to what I picked up at the market that day.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I plan them by the month, divided into weeks. I have a list of over 60 meals that my family will eat and enjoy. We do eat a lot of chicken so I try to alternate chicken meals to every 2 to 3 days and fill in the other days with beef or meatless meals, sometimes sandwiches or pasta salads. Even with the chicken dishes I try to not have the same kind in the same week.

This past week's menus in order from Monday - Sunday was hamburger stroganoff, grilled chicken, wet burritos, chicken stroganoff, tuna melts, spaghetti, and chicken Pierre (over rice). Next week's meal list in order is hamburger goulash, homemade pizza, bruschetta chicken, meatloaf, oven fried chicken, tuna pasta salad, crockpot ham & potatoes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I plan 3-4 days at a time. I shop two days a week and if meals have gotten a little boring and I need to change things up a bit I go through my recipe file before I go. Then I buy what I need for 3-4 days worth of meals. I focus on what we all will like. Everyone lets me know if they'd like something in particular.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We have to or keep going to the store for supplies, and crap. It is cheaper if we make a list and get those meals as well as our staples we have about 200 in groceries.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• In the past I have sat down and asked for their opinion and what they would like to have and I would make a menu for the week.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• sometimes
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2010