I need a simple recipe FOR..........

please I need to know something different and delicious
any ideas please thanks

Asked by SJazmine06 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Thanks you all of yall I will try all of them.
    and thanks anonymous for being a teacher aww how nice.

Answer by SJazmine06 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Heat butter, garlic, shallots (both minced), and fresh ground pepper in a skillet. Add (peeled) shrimp, and saute until almost completely pink. Remove from heat, add 1/4 cup white wine and the juice of 1/2 of a lemon. Salt to taste, if desired.

Put unpeeled shrimp on skewers, alternating direction. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle fresh ground pepper. Grill on a med-hot grill until pink and no longer translucent. Peel & Eat! Serve with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce. Keeping them in the shell while you grill prevents over-cooking and keeps them moist.

Answer by jespeach at 12:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Ok, back on topic.

2 lbs shrimp(s)
    16 oz box linguine (or whatever pasta you like), boiled and drained
    6 oz tub of prepared pesto (or make your own)
    6 oz crumbled feta cheese

add ins (I used all of these - mix and match to your own liking):
    A handful of pitted greek olives (or leave 'em out if you want), roughly chopped
    a small jar of chopped roasted red peppers (Ok, I used a 4oz jar of diced pimientos, cuz I had 'em!)
    cooked and drained spinach (frozen, fresh, leftover...whatever)

Boil the shrimps in salted water with three tablespooons of Old Bay seasoning (or hwowever you boil your shimps. Or use precooked. I don't care! lol) . Peel them when they're cool enough to touch.

Combine everything, but add the pesto last and stir in just enough 'til you have a light dressing over everything. Or a heavy dressing if you really like pesto!

Answer by Avarah at 1:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Dear cowardly whiney, smart-assed, moronic Anonymous at 5:12CT -
    noun, plural shrimps, (especially collectively)
    Inflected Form(s): plural shrimps or shrimp

shrimp [ shrimp ]
    noun (plural shrimp or shrimps)

PS: You might try reading for content instead of appointing yourself the (poor) grammar police.

Answer by Avarah at 1:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Anon 6:12 - if you are from the south, especially Louisiana, you would know we call then shrimps (and yes, we know the correct spelling).

As for the question, I have a GREAT Shrimp Creole recipe. PM me if you want it!

Answer by rcbrown at 11:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i jsut putt hem on skewers, sprinkle with Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning and grill them.

Answer by teri4lance at 9:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Okay.... my husband made this up... it's fabulous.... get the Budweiser BBQ sauce, add in all those other spices you like..... marinate the shrimp.... BBQ them wrapped in foil..... then ( you won't believe the taste!) rinse the sauce off and serve some extra sauce on the side..... wow... it's good.

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• sorry cant help myself but the plural of shrimp is simply "shrimp" not "shrimps"

• simple? I just put (precooked usually) shrimp in a pan with minced garlic, butter, and a touch of oil so the butter won't darken/burn... delicious and easy. You can add that to pasta for a filling fast meal.