Now does anyone think that this is possible, ???

Because it is. Why couldn't Jesus have been adopted ? Do you suppose that he would have to be? For any length of time, he was here and raised by a man from earth called Joseph. But since he was as in John 1:1 also in the beginning, with God, but wasn't god the father, that would make him only his son. Period. So My QUESTION IS>> Since Joseph married a virgin, this child in her womb wasn't his, and that would make Joseph his adopted dad.
And Jesus,.... Josephs' adopted son

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Adoption

• well, wouldn't Joseph be Jesus' step dad seeing as technically Jesus is a child of a previous relationship between God and Mary? Now, if he went through the trouble of, I guess, legally accepting Jesus then he'd be "adopted".
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 1:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Or I would even suppose that we could go a step to another view and he wasn't engaged, but actually married before she was with child. So if it's not a man's earth child, and it was indeed the Father's wishes by the HOLY SPIRIT, it was not a man at all, but ( not by law on earth, but by creation) Just like God said .......''let their be light, and their was light". He spoke and it happened. Holy spirit is like the action part of God's word, So ..........

Is it not by ""without the law,'""" since Jesus is here to put away the law. So he was neither adopted by law, nor was he a complete human being.. ...
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Joseph took Mary (and Jesus) in and raised him as his own. In scripture they call him the son of Joseph. I've always have seen the relationship more of a foster/adoptive relationship vs a "step" relationship into today's terms.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 1:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You must be in your early twenties and going through college,taking science classes.?Maybe.....???? This seems to be the age when we start testing our humanity.I am not meaning to be ugly.It is that I just taught so many your age group.
    If you keep reading that same book it will teach you not to question,He is the beginning and the end.So how could he have been there to be a step son.?
    It is like a Chinese riddle.Ten people read one line from that book and see twenty different ending.
    maxy60

Answer by maxy60 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Moses was adopted too, by the Pharoh's daughter.
    hollyanne31

Answer by hollyanne31 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I thought it was by the pharoh's wife? Wasn't Moses the adopted son of the Phraoh and called him Father, thought he was his father until it was revealed to him by God that it was not true? Oh well, not my area. But yes, I think that as far as the Bible goes...Jesus was indeed adopted by Joesph. He called him his father, Joe raised him to be his son but accepted he was the son of another. I have often said Jesus was adopted. But as far as this being a young poster: it doesn't sound like a stupid line of thought or questioning. More like someone who is trying to understand from different angles the history of adoption and how it gets told. It's called critical thinking.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes, Moses was adopted by the Pharaoh's daughter. He was nursed by his bio mother until he was weaned and then he lived in Pharoah's house (It was a big house and ALL the family lived there as well as servants, etc.) He later left the luxury of Pharoah's home and went to lead his birth family (Israel) where God told him to go. He was used to save an entire nation from the Egyptians.

I often wonder the spiritual ramifications of our adoption. I have a picture of "Baby Moses" in our playroom. I wonder if our son will grow up and one day "lead" his birth family to the Lord. I do pray about it. God has a plan. We'll just have to wait & see what it is. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes Jesus was adopted. Who said he wasn't?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Bastardnation, the adoptee rights group, has a list of famous adoptee (legendary bastards) on their humor section of their website, it's funny: http://www.bastards.org/fun/gallery.htm

My personal favourite: Oedipus -  "who you calling bastard? Mother Fucker!"

LOL Who says angry adoptees can't have a sense of humor!

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2010