terrible leg cramps at night?

ok so im 15 weeks prego n havin leg cramps rly bad at night, its like a sharp pain around my hip area under my butt/top of leg.....n it will b a shootin pain where if i move tears come to my eyes, sometimes it will start n 1 leg n go thru my lower back n2 my other leg.....last night it was the worse ever!....my hubby had to help me walk cus i was scared i was gonna fall goin to the couch to sleep!.....ne1 else experience this n what can help this if nething?

LilStacy

Asked by LilStacy at 1:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Check into potassium. Often there can be a link between potatssium levels and cramps. There could be other causes, but I'm not sure about those.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 1:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I actually suffered from a severe case of what they call restless leg syndrome when I was preggers with all three of my kids. I couldn't sleep and it was horrible. I found that I would get up and walk around and then sleep on the couch kinda sitting up at an angle and elevated my legs over a pillow or two. It almost sounds like a pinched nerve in your back. I could call Dr. and she what they have to say.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm Sorry about your issues. Are you gaining a lot of weight? Doing too much? Taking all of your vitamins? Drinking enough water? What does your OB say?? I know there can be so many side effects and all being pregnant. Hugs for you!! I don't know what the cause is. But I hope it works out soon for you! Take CAre!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• ya my hubby got rly concerned bout it cuz it got so bad last night, so we r gonna talk to my doc at my next visit!!!...ya i think i ahve restless leg a lil cuz legs hurt at night w/o bn prego but not like this, ya i kept tellin him i think its a nerve n he thinks its cramps, guess oly doc will kno!
    LilStacy

Comment by LilStacy (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• no iv oly gained like 4 lbs, doc said i look great, n ya i cleaned the apt yesterday n it wore me out, n i told hubby i think i did to much so def no cleanin spree again!...n ya i take my prenatal vitamin daily.....i started drinkin gatorade alot to help cuz my eye was twitchin alot, n got that issue solved!....thanks ladies n def gonna talk to doc at next visit!
    LilStacy

Comment by LilStacy (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i was the exact same way i had actually lost weight and was having all of these pains around my hips legs etc..the dr told me it was normal and to drink lots and lots of water to make sure i was hydrated...but just in case ask your dr
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• drink more milk
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 2:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• .....?
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2010