Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

how do i go about chnging my sons last name?

im not with my son's father anymore and he doesnt see him but he pays child surport tho what do i do?

Answer Question

Asked by jmama090708 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 3 (18 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • You would have to take him to court and request it. BF would have to allow it.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 1:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • You just file a name change with the courts. If your ex is fine with it, he can sign the paper. You have to notify him of the name change, if he doesn't sign that he agrees but doesn't dispute it the court will still grant the name change. That's the way we did it cause it was eaiser. If he wants to dispute then he has to file a motion with the court. It costs $99 in OR, I don't know about anywhere else.

    Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 2:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • exactly what pp said!

    Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

  • ^^^^ I agree with op goodluck

    Answer by Truelove77 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.