Can I please have some blunt honesty here

I'm frikkin 90% sure I'm pregnant
I have a 9 month old

WTF is wrong with me
not that this baby is unwanted, but we weren't planning, and I'm in the middle of some things and I frikkin drank :(

I'm still in college, I finished only one year, I'm 18, and I desperately need to intern and to top it all off I have a small business I run...TALK ABOUT STRESS

How they heck am I gonna do everything I need to do with a baby bump?

I'm waiting a week before I test, just for the fact that I drank once I hope I'm not, but if I am I will embrace my pregnancy, I'm just having a mini-freak out moment

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 1:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• BIg HUGS!

Sometimes things happen like a unexpected baby and we have to make the choice to do one of two things. We can wallow in our bad luck or we can embrace it and use it as motivation to work harder.
    I knew a girl that got pregnant at 16 and had her baby. She kept going to school and working hard throughout her pregnancy. When her baby was 3 months old she got pregnant again. That motivated her even more and she finished high school a year early, before the second baby was born. She started taking college classes and by the time baby number three came when she was 20 she had only one year left for her nursing degree.
    She knew those babies needed her to work hard, so she did.
    She took as many credits as she could each semester and took summer classes too.

My point is that if you are pregnant you just need to use it to motivate you so that your LO's will have the best life possible.
    Hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Have your moment thats a good thing... If you are well just know that women have been multi-tasking forever my mom had 11 she has a masters degree so you can do it love..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I want to add, I wasn't TTC I just didn't know what category to put it in
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• dont worry! im sure the majority of us drank before we knew! i am surrently 11 weeks with an accidental pregnancy and believe me i drank probably 4 times before i found out. as long as you didnt drink a bottle of vodca to yourself im sure your baby will be fine! and if your worried when you find out for sure, ask your ob. he will most likely tell you that before you know drinking isnt going to cause harm! my doctor said that what you do before you know tends to make it an all or nothing situation.....meaning it will cause a miscarriage or nothing at all will happen.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Well, it's definitely going to be hard to handle. Mostly time consuming, but if you have a good support network, it will be a bit easier. If you really don't think you can do it, you have options. You can abort, or go with adoption. I know whatever you choose, it will be difficult, so please reflect on the present and your goals for the future first. Think really hard on what you WANT in life and what you can DO. I wish you all the best.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If you're pregnant, all you can do is accept it and keep going. It will be harder, but you will be stronger in the end. I was in college when I had my children. I had her on easter break and went back to school the next week. then the next year, I had my son on easter break. It was very very challenging. everything you are doing now is for you and your children to have a better life. Keep your head up and keep pushing forward.
    dawnmarie70535

Answer by dawnmarie70535 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Well, take a deep breath. You won't know for sure until you take a test. Freaking out won't help you. If you are pregnant, it's not the end of the world. Sure things will be a little bit more tough and you'll have to make a few more sacrifices, but your life won't be over. And about the drinking, don't worry about it. Just don't drink again until you know for sure.

I'm sure some women will do the whole "Don't you know what bc is?" or "Use a condom to prevent this." I'll tell you what...I am 28, I have 3 kids and I am 99% sure I am pregnant. Unplanned, don't want anymore kids, can't use bc because of side effects, and the condom broke mid-cycle. I know when I ovulated, I chart on top of use condoms because I don't want another pregnancy. Hubs wanted some action and so we used a condom and it broke. We'll keep it of course, but I hate that if I am pregnant it'll be an "oops" baby.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 1:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• As to the being worried that you drank before you found out. I turned 21 9 days before I found out I was pregnant. On my birthday I had something like 14 drinks. I was really worried and when I went to the doc he said as long as it was just a one time thing then it was generally not a big deal. It is when you drink everyday for during that critical first trimester, that the problems come in. You should be fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My boys are exactly a year and a day apart. It was hard at first, but it is getting easier by the day.
    shannonre

Answer by shannonre at 2:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I had three kids within 19 months (twins, and a singleton) it was hard at first, and had to put a lot of things for myself aside and wait until they were older. We didn't have family near by at the time so we had little additional support we could count on.

You need to look at your own situation and how much help you can reasonablycount on and make decisions based on that.  It all works out though, it just can be a challenge, but there is nothing wrong with that.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010