Please help I need ideas for a birthday dinner

My husbands birthday is today. He is at work and really hasn't given me any ideas as to what he wants for dinner. I know he loves lasagna or anything Itallian (sp?) I would love to suprise him with something good but different than the norm. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Preferably something tasty, affordable and easy to make. Thank you ahead of time.

geminy22

Asked by geminy22 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm having a birthday for my hubby today :) It's a mexican theme. Homemade guacemole and salsa, cake of course, stuff like that. If I were to make a main course I would make fajitas
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 1:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Why not just take him out?? Or order in?? You should not have to cook, this is time for both of you.
    If you are younger, enjoy this time and have a great dinner out, and then go have a dance time, and coffee or anniversary drink, not just for his birthday, I feel birthdays are more anniversaries. Once you're married.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 2:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• spaghetti casserole! My husband's favorite thing that I cook!
    cook about 2/3 of a bag of egg noodles and drain. Place in a casserole dish. Next brown 1lb ground beef and make your spaghetti sauce how your family prefers and layer that on the noodles. Next, you will mix 1 8oz cream cheese (softened), 1 c sour cream, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, and 1 c parmesean cheese and layer that on top of the meat. Top it off with cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Oh it is soooo yummy!!!!! You could also check out allrecipes.com or kraftfoods.com or the campbell's website.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I've made these twice and they are very tasty. I use dry oregano and basil rather than fresh. 1 tsp dry = 1 tbsp fresh

http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/stuffed-shells-376982

I usually have them with steamed green beans or salad.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2010