my hair is shedding

i am 36 and i have a 10 month old. My hair is shedding all over the place and I dn't know why. I went to new salon about 2 months ago and the lady that washed my hair put something that irriated my scalp when i went back to ask her the owner was very rude and brushed me off. Well till this day my scalp bothers me but not as much and my hair looks and feels damged and its shedding. Its driving me nuts! What can it be? Any answers would be appreciated, Thanks. = )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I don't know about the treatment you got, but my hair is constantly falling out. When I take a shower the drain has a hairball, plus when I brush my hair afterward my brush is full of hair. It happens naturally after you have a baby, I'm not sure why. But you can find out what they put in your hair and possibly research it. Maybe go to another salon and see if they have any tips or advice?
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It could also be because you had a baby. Mine is 5 and my hair is still falling out... but it was pointed out to me that I am also 44 years old and probably going through the big hormone change.... hormones can effect everything from the texture to the curl to it staying in your head!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If I remember correctly, I was told that hair grows faster and thicker when you are pregnant, after you give birth, for months you will shed a lot of hair. We already lose about 100 hairs per day, but after baby it is much worse. I went through the same thing after my kids were born, and I have really long hair so it seems to be 10X worse. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My hair does that all the time, I don't know how I still have hair. lol. My youngest is 7 and my hair is still falling out like crazy. I don't think its a problem unless you notice your hair thinning. as for the product, I don't know. but maybe you can try a scalp treatment.
    dawnmarie70535

Answer by dawnmarie70535 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If your scalp is still bothering you, try a scalp shampoo like Head and Shoulders or Scalpacin (sp). As for the hair falling out, NORMAL!!!! Your hormones are resetting themselves after having the baby and with that hair falls out. It is also SUMMER, we like all furred animals SHED during the summer.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• When I got the Depo shot they told me it could cause hair lose
    shannonre

Answer by shannonre at 2:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Stress maybe? Also alot of dead ends...and some times after baby your bodys going threw changes again and that can cause it!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I lost a lot of hair after I gave birth and now its coming back and around my neck its shorter, my son is almost 2.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Have you tried the No Poo method of shampooing? It is an actual recipe for (non)shampoo...If you would like it, pm me--I have to look it up in my files. Someone on CM actually gave it to her and she LOVES it. Her hairstylist said her hair is so healthy, she would buy it from her.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I would go to a doctor and see if you have dandruff, that could be causing your irated scalp.

Dandruff (pityriasis) is actually a contagious disease (result of a fungus called malassezia), and it's not the products they used but their lack of sanitary and disinfectant practices that would have caused this.

the doctor can prescribe a proper anti dandruff shampoo for your hair and you can also report the salon for their lack of sanitary conditions and their business manners.

don't use brands like head and shoulders... or over the counter remedies.. most contain tar that just coat the scalp thus hiding the problem.. NOT getting rid of the problem..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:58 AM on Aug. 11, 2010