What are some good recipie ideas?

I feel like we eat the same things all the time and I'm sure we do.

I am a VERY picky eater.

I don't eat tomoatoes, peppers, onions, pickles, etc. so anyhting I make has to be kind of plain as far as crazy ingredients go.

What are some things I can make that don't involve too many extra's such as that?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 2:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• go to allrecipes.com and you can do a recipe search by ingredients you want & ones you don't
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Here's my tried and true Tuna Casserole recipe...

it requires two cans of tuna, can of cream o mushroom, box of mac-n-cheese, frozen peas and french friend onions. So simple... boil the mac, while it is cooking mix the drained tuna with the soup and the cheese packet, add a cup of milk and the peas. Mix together. Put 1/2 the can of french friend onions and the cooked/drained macaroni in the mix and toss well. Pour into a casserole and cook at 350 for 35 minutes or until bubbly, then top with the rest of the onions and cook just 5 minutes more.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have very pickey eaters here also, I know the feeling. I make a crab salad for them, and they all love it. I use the differnet color noodles, cook according to package. and I put cucumbers cut in quarters, italian dressing and vinegar to taste, immitation crab meat, mix and chill. half of my family like tomatoes and the other doesn't so I use cherry tomatoes so they can pick them out easily. I have seen the same recipe with Ranch dressing and bacon bits, but I have not tried it beings I am not a big fan of ranch. alsoyou can use shrimp instead of crab meat, just make sure you cook them.
    dawnmarie70535

Answer by dawnmarie70535 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Have you ever made Chicken Monte Cristo Rolls? So simple but yet very impressive. Take skinless boneless chicken breast and pound them thin. Salt and Pepper the chicken, put a slice of ham on it and a slice of provolone cheese. Roll it up and secure with a toothpick. Bread it and brown it, then bake it in the oven. Serve with Noodles and your favorite vegis. Just remember the toothpicks are in there!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• they have great recipies on the campbells website
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Don't eat tuna, tomatoes, mushrooms, crab, shrimp, etc.... lol

We are talking I am PPPIIICCCKKKEEEYYY!
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Go to the library and check out cook books
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I serve this it over broccoli (and I make double the sauce).
    Pasta and Tofu with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 10:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently.