Wanted: Your ERF car seat reviews

My little man is still in his infant car seat, but we only have a couple more pounds before we outgrow it. I would like opinions of car seat from REAL users. One important thing is how it fits in relation to the front seats. I can not put the seat in the middle (I know it's the safest, but it won't work in my circumstance as I have another child). What kind of seat do you have and how do you like it. Please also include other seats you have tried and if they met or failed your expectations.

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have the Britax Marathon and it's excellent. I highly recommend it and the weight goes up to 65 lbs.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have 2 recaro como's, (LOVE these seats and just got a 2nd- I think they're the best they go to 70lbs in a 5pt harness) - but with that said, when they're rear facing, the opening to get them in is really hard to get them in there, but as great as the seat is, I put up with the hassle. I also have an evenflo triumph dlx, and I love this seat too, I don't think it's as amazing as the recaro, but it's very comfy, it fits well rear facing behind a seat ( I have a 4 door bonneville and it fit well) It goes up to 55lbs in a 5pt harness, is a good price, and has great reviews.. I highly recommend either of these seats, the recaro more for when they're forward facing though.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Check out the Car Seat Safety group. There are a few very knowledgable women in there that have had the opportunity to check out most seats. They helped me pick my convertible seat out for erf.
    mrs3stan

Answer by mrs3stan at 3:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010