Does anyone know of any office jobs that are open and looking for someone to hire?

I am looking for a Mon-Fri. office job anybody know of any that are open?

nicety187

Asked by nicety187 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• It would probably be best to look in your local paper or a local group here on CM.
    newmommie

Answer by newmommie at 2:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• yeah I have done that I just really can't find anything. I was hoping that maybe someone might know of something that maybe haven't made it to the paper or on here yet. Thank you for responding to this.
    nicety187

Comment by nicety187 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• What is your job experience and education in? Do you have certifications for word processing, excell, etc? Do you know billing and coding (especially medical)?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I do actully a lot with the computer. I am currently taking classes online right now for medical billing and coding. I will graduate in December with my associates in Medical Billing/ coding. I worked in a Used Car dealership for almost 2 years and did everything from answering phones to taking payments, doing loan applications and I was also their repo girl! I have ton of customer service experience and I am a very outgoing person and love being around people.
    nicety187

Comment by nicety187 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Then I would say the vain you should try and strike is : Medical office assistant, Medical office receptionist (good place to start and expand after you graduate), look into hospitals in your area that are hiring office based staff. I know that in my area the majority of want ads in the paper last week were medical based a ton in different office positions. Also look for any companies that are looking for any sort of receptionist/office help type positions as well. I'm not sure what the job market is like down there in Lubbock ( I haven't been down that way in nearly 30 years.. lol) So which types of office jobs/companies filling office positions, really depends on what the job situation is down there right now. I know my mom lives on the opposite side of Texas (she's in SE Texas, down Beaumont way) and office positions that have mostly been hiring lately have been in medical supplies and hospitals.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• ok thank you I will look into those. have a great weekend :)
    nicety187

Comment by nicety187 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• OP--With your experience I would contact some of the temp/staffing agencies in your area. They are the ones who fill the jobs you don't see in the newspaper or on job search engines. They also pay MUCH better, and will negotiate on your behalf for the best salary and benefits for you! It won't cost you anything, the agent that you work with will interview you, evaluate your skills, and arrange interviews with the company. If all goes well, THEN the agent get paid by the company. So it's in the agents best interest to "market" you well!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. There are lots of tips and resources in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 10:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Actually I just posted about an Order Entry Associate for a Telepharmacy job.  It's a work at home position, but it's only part time. You can look at it here:  Order Entry Associate

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2010