sex question

ok ya i know i'm due any day now i only have 18days till my due date i'm 1 1/2 cm dilated, 50%aface, and -3station would it still be ok if i has sex or could hurt my baby or calse anything bad to happen

katelynnsmommy2

Asked by katelynnsmommy2 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes lol Sex can't hurt your baby... I was 82% effaced and dialated 2 cm and doing it. I did it the morning before I got induced too...I was like 90% then, It's fine unless your doc says not to.
    Anonymous

• if your water hasn't broke go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• They say it actually helps you go in to labor. I did it everyday till i finally went into labor! LOL
    Anonymous

• Sex will not hurt the baby AT ALL. Sex will Definitely make you go into labor sooner.... have lots and lots of sex and that baby will be here before you know it.... Congratulations Mommy!!!
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yeah it should be ok, unless the dr says no , your water broke or if you are losing your mucus plug.
    whitleymama3

Answer by whitleymama3 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You could possibly get an infection from being dilated.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You cannot get an infection from being dialated unless your water is ruptured or your membranes have been stripped. Unless your Dr. ordered you No Sex you're fine. Sex can help you begin labor...but only if your body is ready for it to happen.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I was 2 weeks over due and 2 days before i was supposed to be induced and had sex the 15 at like 10 P.M. and went into labor at 2 A.M.
    Kalliems95

Answer by Kalliems95 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• actually unless ordered not to or the water is not intake then it is perfectly recommened the sperm helps the cervix to soften though it will not make you dilate. i couldnt wait another day to go into labor and the doctor gave me a list of things to help induce labor naturally and sex was at the top of the list, along with eggplant parm, castor oil, and red raspberry tea
    mommynbabygirl

Answer by mommynbabygirl at 8:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• No, get busy!!!! The prostaglandins in his semen will help ripen your cervix further.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2008