Anyone have a Spouse or SO who dislikes ELMO?

LOL
My SO hates elmo, the only thing my son can have that is elmo is a diaper, because pampers has sesame street themed diapers. Other than that he doesn't want our son to even know about elmo...lol which is hilarious to me
My mom found this out and started buying toys that were elmo, well let's just say they stuff got exchanged, and my mom keeps doing it to bother him, but it's just deepening his passion to rid of elmo.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have an Elmo-free house. All four of us hate Elmo. When my five year old misbehaves, I tell him that if he's going to keep it up, I will make him wear Elmo underwear and he immediately starts behaving. Funny threat, but it works.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Bahahahaha!
    That is HILARIOUS! I would totally mess with my husband if he was like that. I would buy elmo EVERYTHING! lol
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Get a Elmo pillowcase and place it on his pillow lol
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Ugh! I can't stand Elmo! My daughter loves him but his voice annoys the hell out of me! But regardless of disliking it my kids love him so I just suck it up and deal with it. I just read a book or do some house work while it's on.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• LOL no, my dh just hates toys that make alot of noise, my son has a theodore chipmonk that sings but u cant understand what its saying, my so will push the button ove and over! Drives my dh crazy!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I can't stand elmo. no wonder so many kids need speech therapy after listening to that inarticulate babytalking mess. :P

karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• One day I mimicked the elmo voice for like a whole half hour, just to torment him of course, and he left. LOL he walked out with our son and took a very long walk around our neighborhood. Now he doesn't even refer to elmo as elmo, he calls it the RED F!@#
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Eight years ago I went on vacation with my friends and their 1 year old daughter. It was a road trip from Wisconsin to Maine...so we spent a lot of time in the car. She had an Elmo doll that sang...and it always made her smile and laugh. By the end of the trip I think all of the adults were going to have a nervous breakdown if they heard Elmo's voice sing "Who are the people in your neighborhood? In your neighborhood? In your neighborhood?" ONE MORE TIME! Lol. Since I had an 8 year break from Elmo, I don't think he's so bad now. I can do a pretty good mimic of his voice :o)
    one_on_the_way

Answer by one_on_the_way at 3:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• No, but, if he did he'd have to suck it up & deal because our 4 y/o LOVES elmo. That's ridiculous, IMO. He's a muppet, a harmless muppet, lol.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I hate Elmo. He's obnoxious!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010