Can you get pregnant while on the Depo Provera Shot?

NarvaezMommy

Asked by NarvaezMommy at 5:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I certainly hope not... lol... thats what I am on. But I think its like 97% effective. Always a chance :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I was on it over three years and never got pregnant.. It took only 3 month once off to concieve. While on it I was alway think I was pregnant cause no period at all for me, and some weight gain..
    tabbers133

Answer by tabbers133 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• There is always a chance to get pregnant regardless of what method you use. The only 100% birth control option is abstinance.
    angelsmom05

Answer by angelsmom05 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• No birth control besides abstinence is 100% effective, and while I did not get pregnant on the shot, I do have 2 friends that did.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i know somone who did but the baby didnt make it,i was on the depo for 2 years and never got pregnant and took another to finally get pregnant after i was off of it
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yes u can get pregnant while you are on Depo my best friend was on the shot and she had a little girl and didn't find out until she was 4 months along and i have talked to other people who didn't know they where pregnant until they had there baby
    Geunie0x1091

Answer by Geunie0x1091 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010