why are their not just more people being friends, not users, mooching, leeches, sorry, but it's true.

I always thought if you had time or something material, or food donations you gave, and it wasn't a pay back , IOU< or some game. Games are all people are attracted to like magnets. Isn't their one speck of nice friendship anyplace, and when you do just do it, and do it for god, not for the pomp and circumstance.

So would you rather owe someone all the time, or just be nice to be nice, no comparing notes, no contest.

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 3:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Many of the people I know are nice to just be nice.

Answer by Bmat at 3:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I hope I just want to be nice to be nice. I recently volunteered to be the secretary for my kids booster program at school. Im going to have to work with many different types of personalities. I am going in with the best of intentions and hoping to keep it that way. I hate drama, but know Im going to have to remind myself often of why Im there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My experience lately it is a dog eat dog world and I don't want to be caught up in it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Sounds like you need a better class of people to spend time with!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 4:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I give because I can and thats all.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I do and give things in private bc I don't want the pomp and circumstance. I don't expect anything in return but do appreciate the blessing if God chooses to bless me for it.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I do whenever I can. I think in todays time everybody nomatter how much money you have are being effected by the recession that we are in. Its getting a little better but more people are having to take care of themselves through this struggle its hard to help everybody.
    pilan16

Answer by pilan16 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't know. I have a friend that is very exact about doing things for others...for instance, if she babysits for me, I babysit for her. If she pays one time, I am expected to pay the next time. I don't mind doing these things for her at all but I feel like she keeps track and it kind of bothers me...she has a LOT more money than me and I don't understand why she feels the need to keep everything exact. It hurts my feelings a bit because sometimes I just feel used and not really like a friend...
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I work at a bank and I take a lot of pride that I help people everyday solve issues. It is what I like best about my job. When I make things easier for them or resolve an issues the are in distress about.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2010