Are men capable of being nice without all the show??

Every single man is out for themselves, I've never once seen a nice male who would open a door except to "show their son" how to treat a lady. And then it gets tossed in the gutter. What is it that they are so proud of so nothing is a pencil mark away from them helping a female. Can they just once not relate that to sex, ...just 1 time.

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 4:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Are women?

This question is using one poor example of a man to stereotype all men as being inconsiderate slobs.

I'd be willing to bet that all of the women on here don't think their spouses are jerks.

(no statement that classifies all of any group as being in one particular way is ever true - or ever acceptable)
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 4:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• eeeekkks case closed
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Are women capable of being nice to men without putting on a show or wanting something in return?

If the answer is "Yes, there are some women capable of doing that".. The the like answer would be "Yes, there are men capable of doing that".

It's about the individual. Not their gender.

My experience in life has been the opposite. I've met more women in my 47 years who are out for themselves and have alterior motives behind their actions, than I have men.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I've come across many men that will open the door for me just to open the door for me. I've also had some help me when I'm trying to handle groceries and kids at the same time. They were just doing it because they were being helpful and polite. They didn't know me and we never saw each other again. There are some men out there that will be polite just because they are that way.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• can't say it better than the first poster did
    findingharmony

Answer by findingharmony at 4:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• my husband help sfor the sake of helping. he will hold the door open just as easily for another guy as he would a woman. young or old, male or female, he will just help someone who needs help
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 4:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My husband is one of those "old school" gentlemen. He does kind things because it's the right thing to do, not to get "points!"

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• okay I used to open doors for men and women to show my sons how to be chivalrous what is wrong a ton of men I know want to do it but this is the example for the son or daughter and its funny you would complain if they did not teach the child and now you complain they do? No wonder kids are confused?

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Every single man is out for themselves, I've never once seen a nice male who would open a door except to "show their son" how to treat a lady. And then it gets tossed in the gutter. What is it that they are so proud of so nothing is a pencil mark away from them helping a female. Can they just once not relate that to sex, ...just 1 time.
    _______________________

Wow, what a nasty and incorrect blanket statement.

My hubby is one of the nicest men I know to the point he drives me NUTS at times. He will bend over backwards to help out someone and he isn't doing it for something in return. For example, he has severe nerve damage and is in constant pain, but he will still do his best to help our elderly neighbors if they need it.

Maybe you need to meet some new men because apparently you are scraping the bottom of the barrel with the ones you know now.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Welcome to the post feminist movement, we are equal to you, don't treat me like I can't think for myself, just because you can wee standing up doesn't make you special - world. I don't know many men who are brave enough to try to hold a door for being in fear of being totally emasculated. I have always not been happy for the "man haters" out there that made it like this. I like a man holding the door, carrying the bags, letting me enter first. I miss it. You can't have it both ways.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2010