Choices

For those that believe being gay is a "choice", when and why did you choose to be "straight"?

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 4:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I've always wondered that myself.

Because I personally. Do not remember a single time in my 47 years that I made the active choice to be heterosexual. I do not ever remember sitting down and saying.. "Gee, I think I will choose to like men today.. Yeah I think I will choose to find men attractive, I think I will choose to find men sexually stimulating..etc".

So those that did. I would love to know how that whole episode - decision making went down.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Well said!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 4:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• cant wait to see the responses on this!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't think being gay is a choice but I know that living a gay lifestyle is a choice for some women. There is a difference. Many women who have been abused by men CHOOSE to live an alternative lifestyle. That is their choice and I know women in lesbian relationships who would be in a heterosexual relationship if they trusted men. Either way, people have a right to their own lifestyle without others harping at them. Gay, bi, hetero...be happy, life is too short to fight about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I can remember REALIZING that I was attracted to men. I can't recall ever making a CHOICE.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 4:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• and that says a lot about a lot of men in our society that there are women who choose to go outside their orientation because they have been hurt so badly but I did meet women like that in college. :(
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 4:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• When are people going to finally figure out that it's not about gender, it's about the PERSON?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010