thinking abut moving to steamboat springs co, ever been there.

my husband and i r thinking about moving to colorado, and myself, i have never been out of texas and i was just wondering if any moms could let me know how they liked it or whatever. is it a good place to raise ur kids?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Travel

• I have been there and it is gorgeous, but I've only been as a tourist (and always on my way somewhere else too I might add!), so I really don't know about how it is to live there! Seems like the winters might be hard, esp. for a Texan (though depending on which part of Texas I guess). Good luck with your move! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 4:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I live a few hours away. I know a lot of people from there, the general consensus is that it is a great place to live. You should know it snows A LOT.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I've seen pictures from when my husband went on a snowboarding trip as a kid...it's beautiful.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have only been there for the skiing! It is beautiful though! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• i live in colorado springs right now. I HATE IT! the crime rate is very high, and there is a really bad drug problem. not to mention how many sex offenders there are around here. first chance we get we are leaving this place. i'v never been to steamboat springs though.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Steamboat is a pretty small town, so I wouldn't worry too much about the crime rate and gang activity.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It's very pretty there, but I'm not sure what the cost of living is. Some of those touristy places have a very high cost of living. It snows there... a lot. It's bad enough sometimes down here in Denver, I'd hate to think of what it's like in higher elevations. Bit I hear it's a nice place to live.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We lived in Ouray, CO for about 5 years (in the 70's). Beautiful place! I didn't want to leave, but my husbands job ended. There's so much to do, especially if you like outdoor sports. The only thing I didn't like at first was the gray mountains, they seemed so cold to me. I was used to the green rolling mountains on the east coast. I also loved the fresh air...nothing like it. Wish you the best!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Just be ready for the snow...lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010