When did you drop your crib??

My son is 8 months old and we just dropped his crib down a level, watched our son use the newly bare (we have a bumper in before) crib side to stand up and had his head and arms over the edge. We dropped it down to the next and lowest level and I think it's too low now for him. How low should it be? Is it okay if the side is up to his armpits, or is it better to have it lower?

He's so sad in the crib now. :(

kathria

Asked by kathria at 4:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We dropped it at 8 months when we moved the crib from our bedroom to hers. We had to take it apart to move it, so we went ahead and dropped it then. Ours only has two choices levels so it's on the lowest it can go now.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We dropped it to the lowest level as soon as he started standing up.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't think it can be 'too low' I needs to be low enough that he can't lean over and flip himself out. I would want it to be no lower than his neck personally.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• We dropped it when they started pulling up. I don't think it's possible for it to be 'too low.' You just don't want them to be able to pull themselves up and over the side.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Once baby can stand you need to drop it down to the lowest setting!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• we dropped it as soon as he could pull himself up.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 4:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• when my son started pulling himself up we dropped it all the way down and he seems to do good wiht it
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• It just sucks that he can't consistently stand up on his own yet, and I cannot get him out of the crib when he's lying down. I'm 5'0 and the crib is just too tall for me to get him at the lowest setting. And I can't always have my husband around to get our baby out. It'll be fine once he gets up every time I go in, at least to his knees, but he doesn't yet. *sigh* Oh well, I'll have to figure something out. Thanks for the help ladies! :)
    kathria

Comment by kathria (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2010