changing my baby's name

I am due to have my second child anyday. Since we found out it was a boy we have said that his name would be Owen Zachary. I like the name Owen but I don't love it. We knew from day one with our first son his name was going to be Travis Reid and it always fit and sounded perfect. Owen just doesnt seem right, it doesnt fit him. Would it be stupid of me now to change his name? I love the names Ryder and Bentley. Ryder to me seems to fit him. what do ya'll think?

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 4:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Baby Names

• I dont really care for any of those IMO not to offend im sure people dont like my kids names LOL but if i had to choose i would pick bentley
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• change it if you like the other one better :D its your child mamma :D
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Say them out loud, like you are calling him or yelling for him. How does it sound? If it brings a pleasant ring to your ears, then call him that. He isn't here yet, you can change it! Make sure you are 100% happy with what you choose, so you don't regret it and have to change it later. I like Ryder.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Pick what you love. If you aren't happy with a name, don't go with it. No one is going to be mad at you for loving a name!
    Vashtiruescode3

Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My hubby and I changed our kids names many tims, but didnt tell everyone our decision till they were born...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I didn't decide on my son's name until I saw him, then I knew.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• So I have several of my grandaughters here and they chose Troy after HSM LOL. I prefer Ryder from your 2 choices however.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 4:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Make sure you're happy with it cause you'll be saying it forever
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• thats why i feel like I want to change it. I don't think I will be happy with Owen. I will probably still keep it in my head but will decide when i see his little face
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I think Ryder sounds better with Travis.
    AnitaVersion2.0

Answer by AnitaVersion2.0 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2010