Chipped tooth of a 9 year old

My son was being a jerk and chipped my dd's permanent front tooth.What will the dentist do?I am so very worried she will lose the tooth.Her lip is so swollen.Thanks.

momofsixangels

Asked by momofsixangels at 5:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Get her to the dentist as soon as you can. You want to make sure there isn't a crack in it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I called them and had to leave a message.I admit I called and left two.Lol.
    momofsixangels

Comment by momofsixangels (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I chipped my front tooth at about 9. They didn't do anything. The tooth was healthy - just chipped. I had it fixed when I was 23. It wasn't a big deal, but I would have a dentist look at it and make sure the nerve wasn't damaged.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My stepson fell and broke of about two thirds of both of his front teeth. As he was too young for caps, the dentist used bonding material to build up teeth for him. They needed to be replaced several times over the years, but now that he is 20, they have been capped.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• If it's just a chip, they don't always do something about it. She can get it capped when she's older.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• MY sister had her front tooth chipped at school, she fell on the ground and it chipped. If you go to the dentist they can fix the chip
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I agree getting in to the dentist asap. Most kids have pretty strong teeth, so hopefully it will be alright. I chipped one of my teeth when I was about 12 or so..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• They still havent called me back.I know its after hours but its my kid! I will call again in the morning if they dont call me.
    momofsixangels

Comment by momofsixangels (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm So Sorry!! That sounds so painful. That poor thing.. I'm cringing and feeling for her as I type. I'm sorry for her and you! Did any piece of it come out or off? DH had a piece chipped off? Is it sharp? Does she hurt? Or talk strange? Oh you poor girl. You have enough going on..My DH had his chipped by a neighbor kid. A red wagon handle hit his front tooth! It was never taken care of.. It wasn't until this year he chipped more of it and just has a stub.. It looks horrible. But we're jobless and we never had dental care! It can't be as bad as my DH's was.. I hope you get some help and care. And a return call.. Know I care!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Ahh Good Luck.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2010