Are you overwhelmed?

Two of our bedrooms are stripped down to studs, my daughter moved back home and her bedroom is not ready. Her bedroom is in my living room and dinning room. Clothes evrywhere. There are days I can't stand coming home from work because I feel like my house is screaming at me. Yes, I'm overwhelmed.

momx3gx1b

Asked by momx3gx1b at 5:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Take a BIG deep breath.Renos are always overwhelming, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and once you get there you will love it and be so happy and you will forget all about the getting there!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Terrific problems to have though, frustrating as they may be!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Aw momma - if it makes you feel any better, we just moved into a new house. I did all the packing, and have been told that it's my job to not only take care of our deaf daughter and the dog, but I also have to keep up with home cooked meals for DH, DD, myself AND my BIL that moved in with us...AND I have to unpack everything on my own.

I'm sitting here right now while my DD naps, and not so DH and BIL are outside working on their company truck. The boxes can wait - I need a few minutes to myself to regain my sanity.

I hope that you get things all settled down and that you get a helper, whether it be in the form of extra hands or a nice relaxing bath.
    Vashtiruescode3

Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• wow!
    sounds rough!
    at least you get to leave for work!!
    i am at home with 5 beautiful kids!!! we have crazy rough moments, but at least there are the peaceful and fun moments too.
    just think of how nice your home will be when those rooms are done!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Hmm, yes! We moved into a 100 year old home in May and have been rennovating it while living here. Our downstairs bath has a shower with no curtain and the "door" is a sheet (it's a corner tub so we need a special rod to put up a curtain). There is no toliet downstairs, you have to go upstairs for that - which is not run with CHA so it's around 110 up there most days. The downstairs bath has no ceiling, you can see the old laths. Our floors are plywood or old hardwood that has been covered with some kind of leveling stuff. We've had the plumbing redone, the gas lines redone and the roof redone. Now, we are low on funds and there's not a lot of visible work that's been done. Overwhelmed sums up how I feel pretty well.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Take one day at a time. Is your daughter doing anything to help out? It sounds like it is time to demand some help from the people living with you.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• You sound like you need to take a breather grab a good book or magazine sit down with a beverage of your choice and realize that unless this takes yrs to complete that it will be beautiful once it's done. I have lived like that on and off my whole life we were always remodling something from the time I was a kid to my 1st marriage to this one. These things happen. I remember when my oldest moved out then moved back in it's tradgic either way.
    And your daughet should be helping youif she's not Overwhelemed youmay be but hopefullyit will get better once everything is done.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2010