Grunting....

My baby girl grunts all the time. When she is excited, its most common. When she stands she does it as well. She is usually smiling when she does it, but she sounds mad. I dont think she is... Anyone else experience this? Shes 5 months old.

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 6:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh, yes! We have grunting and loud squealing. Logan is just discovering that he can make a huge racket. The first time he squealed, we thought he was really upset. He just looked up at us, smiled big and squealed again. They are just having fun and exploring something new about themselves! :)
    jamaicanmehappy

Answer by jamaicanmehappy at 12:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• well my 5 month old growls so yeah it normal they are just discovering the sounds they can make,
    MommaCotton

Answer by MommaCotton at 6:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My son has always grunts as well.. he has been doing it since birth it seems like. I have asked the doctor about it, he said it is normal. i guess it is anoth form of communicating to them lol.
    Anonymous

• Thanks guys! Yeah she growls, thats probably a better word for it lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My baby is a growler too. She does it with more expression the older she gets! She's 11 months now and we say she's part Wookie and we call her Chewmama!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2008