My friend is.....

in a mental abuse relationship with the father of her 2 month old... He doesn't let her get on the internet so I was wondering what place I can tell her to go to get away from him? Is there any adivse I can give her to help her through this? Has anyone been through this themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call around and get her into a shelter there is alot of help out there
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• She can go to a womans shelter or to her family, is it possible she can stay with you?
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 5:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Tell her to come to your house and together you both will get her the help she needs.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:30 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• You can take her 'out for lunch' and take her to a womens shelter, or somewhere that he can't find her where she and the baby will be safe. I was in a mentally abusive relationship that ended up in one suicide and my heart still beating - all because the guy I am married to now took me somewhere that I couldn't be found easily. Had I been in the same state, I wouldn't be typing this message.

It's been 5 years, and I look at my husband, and our 2 year old daughter, and thank God everyday for sending me the angels I have in my life.
    Vashtiruescode3

Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Yes, I have. I left and have never looked back. The only reason that I left was I had my son. I didn't want him to think that treating a women like that was okay. I didn't want him to be next. The only person that can make her leave is her self. She has to "grow" a back bone before that will happen.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Have her contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2010