does anyone have contrasting sides of the family?

let me clarify....LOL!

my DH's side of the family are all a little closed minded, short tempered, judgemental and VERY secretive. i don't trust them with much. they are pretty well off...but control is their force!
my side of the family is very artsy, creative, laid back, open minded, huggers, givers, very accepting of all, etc. they have their control it all moments but it is not their force. their force is how to give back to the human race.

anyway...j/w

Leezah

Asked by Leezah at 5:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• My family are blue collar italians, bricklayers with connections to people who don't have their pictures taken in public. We are funny, loud, very outgoing and strongly independent. We are horse people, lovers of nature and very outdoorsy and Democrats. My husbands family are snobbish, white collar, upper middleclass, Republicans, condescending unsocial people, unless it is with their equals. That is a problem because my hubby is a blue collar guy! My FIL is retired FBI... so there is an issue right there.... LOL.... :)

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Opposites attrack.
    dh and i sound like you.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My mother is a poor drug addict prostitute. My MIL coaches tennis for a local school and she and FIL are very well off.

Yup
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Although my husband and I are opposite in many ways, our families are actually very similar, and in many ways our childhoods.

I however, am more conservative, quieter and more reserved. My husband is more outgoing and boisterous. He was kind of a "bad boy" and I had a reputation as a "goody two shoes" (okay I probably still do), but after nearly 22 years of marriage, we've both come more to the middle. I'm still more reserved, he's still more "boisterous". I'm also more the artsy, creative one, and he's more the scientific, math one. And, although it may sound contradictory.....I'm the more organized...keep it all together one, and he's more of a packrat, do things by the seat of his pants kind of guy......

Not sure if that's really what you meant, since you asked about families, but it all works for us.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010