help

what is a good medicine for my dog she got flee is no really bad but still and what can i spray on the yard and around the house

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pets

• Advantage is good for fleas. And you won't have to put anything around the house because the oils from the advantage rubs off wherever the dog goes, so it kills anything there. If you really want to treat your house though, you can go buy some flea bombs (One for each room of the house) but you have to leave the house when you do it. Also, i do not know if you have any in your area, but Eucalyptus leaves are poisonous to fleas, so I put them under my couch cushions. The Flea bombs only affect surface area, meaning that they won't reach under your cushions or anything.
    Also, with the advantage, you wont have to treat anything around your house either, because your dog will no longer be attracting them. But it is a treatment that you have to do once a month, and you can't touch the dog for the whole day when you put it on.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• where can i buy it and thank
    Anonymous

• You can buy advantage at any pet store, and you can usually find the flea bombs at any hardware store. As far as the Eucalyptus leaves, I am not sure, because we have some that grow in my area so I just pick the leaves up off the ground.

And you're welcome :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I use dish soap to wash my dog in and Adams spray (a flea spray) on him when he dries it is inexpensive and it has worked for a year as of now however I think it might not be good for sensitive skin dogs and might make there skin dry. I can not afford things like advantage right now but when I can I plan to use that so if you can afford that use it.
    ami226

Answer by ami226 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Shop around for the best price on Advantix online. Also, Adams is not very expensive anymore andworks well. They also offer dips and shampoos. Make sure that whatever you find works not only on fleas but on ticks as well. Also, do not mix solutions. Example: Don't use the Advantix one day and then spray Adams on the next. Will cause problems since this stuff is absorbed into the skin.
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 6:59 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• buy natural chemistrys flea and tick spray. buy at petsmart.
    CamsMom82208

Answer by CamsMom82208 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I would advise you to use advantage for the pet, and for the house use a flea bomb every seven days for a month cause the eggs hatch every seven days. you will have to leave and cover furniture up. around the yard ummm, maybe some seven dust, just a lil! though and make sure your pet does not lick the stuff out side. good luck!
    christina200107

Answer by christina200107 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008