Do you think their is examples in school of children learning together, not in competition??

Like in some classes they will enjoy one project as a class/group. But I can't think of anything except in science class. Like the experiments of different chemicals they will all see as a group.

Thank you

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 5:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think they are few things besides science, reading the children at school put together a bunch of different events, the Jr High typically does events together for the elementary, making books to read to them being one of them. Acting out different scenes of a book in the class working as a group to act them out. The elementary students go to the nursing home to do something similar and share their stories with each other. Sometimes their art classes require a group project. I think there is a variety of things they do together to learn together. I think learning in a way is really a group experience one child feeds off anothers questions or answers, some children tend to help each other - at least that's my experience in my children's school.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes, there are examples of how cooperative learning can assist students. There are also examples of how it is not beneficial.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 5:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Everything is a competition.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Competition is a good thing to get motivated!

Answer by older at 7:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• My daughter was floundering in a Montessori based school, and blossomed in a competitive, academically advanced, school

Answer by rkoloms at 5:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2010