I am Bi Polar>>

It seems as if someone finds out they freak. I'm on meds to regulate me. So I'm as normal as you. I just don't know how long I can stand the rejection over something I have no control over. If it's not cause I'm tattoed it's because I'm BiPolar. Somethings gotta give. It brings me to tears. Just need some support right now.

MommyInk2

Asked by MommyInk2 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Health

• It is considered by most to be a mental illness, and there is a stigma attached to any kind of mental illness. I was once diagnosed as being bi-polar, and since I've never been sure what the diagnosis meant, I may well have been. Bi means two. Polar means a direction. So basically I was constantly being pulled in two different directions. Once I learned what the real problem was and got that dealt with, I've been fine ever since. But I will never forget the stigma that was attached to the idea of my having a mental illness. I think the best thing is just not to tell anybody. It's really done of their business anyway.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have an uncle who is married to a bipolar woman. It does not bother me though. She makes me laugh when she gets mad, because it's totally normal to me. My uncle tics her off.
    If you want to talk I will talk to you.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I'm a complete goof ball most of the time because I stay a little manic. But other an that I'm ok
    MommyInk2

Comment by MommyInk2 (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Do you tell everyone? If you tell everyone, then a certain percentage of people are going to freak out about it. That can be the case for almost anything. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• if you are good on your meds, just don't tell people until they are close enough to you to need to know. It's not a big deal, you're taking care of it.

Also, find a support group where you CAN talk about it. I mean, I don't tell everyone I meet that it's only in the last five years that I've managed to defeat anorexia... they just don't need to know. I'm also a lot freer on here than I am IRL about my mother's problems.

You make it ok. You are in charge. And if someone isn't amazed at how absolutely fabulous you are for taking charge of your disease, screw them. They don't deserve you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I don't tell anyone until I get closer to them and I am in a support group for it. But they seem to freak anyway I guess I just need to pick my friends better.
    MommyInk2

Comment by MommyInk2 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010