What is your favorite grocery store and why?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 5:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2010 in Shopping

• hmmm... we have none of those in NE Ohio. My major shopping is done at the Save-A-Lot, when I am looking for certain things I will go to our infamous deep discount Marc's and when I need specialty things I will stop at Giant Eagle. The benefit of stopping in Giant Eagle is that for every 50 bucks I spend, I get money off per gallon of gas. I only need gas about every 7 weeks so it works out well for me...I may over pay a little bit, but I haven't actually paid for gas in about 2 years.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I like Meijer, because I can always find everything there and I think their prices are fair if not better.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Publix, they accommodate me in everything I want and need.

Answer by older at 5:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Smith's I just feel comfortable there. In California- Ralphs, my sister works there.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I love Henry's, which is a small local chain, and they have natural foods, at fairly reasonable prices....always good prices on produce, and Whole Foods Market....because it's easy to find healthy things, but they're so expensive that I only do a small part of my shopping there.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I love Aldi, but they don't have everything, so I still go to Walmart to get the rest.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Giant Foods, I used to be a manager for them and I feel very comfortable in their stores (especially since I know people in every store in my area!).
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 5:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Trader Joes: great prices, great quality, great staff

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• Stop and Shop I usually find everything I'm looking for and their price is good.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• ALDI!!!! If you're willing to work a little you can save a bundle. I stretch my grocery budget at ALDI. I can easily fill my cart for half of what I spend at a traditional grocery store. Cereals for $1.99 box, milk and eggs are always the lowest in town and $1.99 cleaned and chopped romaine salad mix are my favorites. You can get so much with a little planning and an open mind. Take a quarter and your bags with you. The cart requires a quarter deposit which is returned when you take the cart back to the corral. They charge for bags, so its best to bring your own. ALDI has the biggest and best reusable shopping bags for $1.99. Get to the store when they open in the morning for the best selection. Start with trying the basics sugar, flour, eggs and milk. Then work your way up from there. Lacura is their line of skincare and cosmetics. It's an excellent value and excellent quality.
    HulaGirlHeart

Answer by HulaGirlHeart at 10:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2010